IPOH, April 29 (Bernama)
Perak Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mohammad Nizar Jamaluddin said TV3's top management had agreed to reconsider the programme content of its "Jom Heboh" carnival.
The carnival is an exposition and entertainment programme launched by the private television station in 2003.
He said in a meeting with the station's top management in Kuala lumpur last Wednesday he had, among other things, asked that some unsuitable activities in the programme be changed.
"The chief executive officer of TV3 had reacted positively on the matter," he told reporters here today when asked on the status of the carnival which was first held in the state on May 5 and 6 last year at the Indera Mulia Stadium here.
Last Sunday, when he opened the 14th annual general meeting of the Malaysian Chinese Muslim Association (MACMA) here, Mohammad Nizar said TV3 had made known its intention of not holding the carnival in Perak although the state government had not issued any directive to cancel the event.
His statement prompted TV3 to contact the media in Ipoh last night to say that TV3's top management had not decided to call off the event as mentioned by the Menteri Besar.